Swindon and North Wiltshire

Campaign for Real Ale

Campaign for Real Ale

Boundary House

1 The Street
Swindon
SN25 3ER
Telephone(01793) 534186
Real AleFamily FriendlyGardenDisabled AccessGamesParkingLive Music
Opening times: Mon 13:00-20:00; Tue closed; Wed and Thu 13:00-20:00; Fri and Sat 13:00-23:00; Sun 12:00-20:00

See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.

The Boundary House is one of Arkell's oldest pubs, and offers a traditional pub atmosphere that has proved popular for over a hundred years.Comfortable and friendly local with open plan bar and several drinking areas including a conservatory for families & kids. No food, but buffets can be ordered for special occasions. Quiz nights, music, bingo and other events happen in this pub at the heart of the community. It once marked the boundary with the hamlet of Moredon, which had long since been absorbed as a suburb of Swindon when it was re-christened The Boundary House. The first pub here was called The Red Lion and the premises also featured a brewery and a butcher's shop. Built some time before 1861, it was owned by the Slade family until 1877 when they sold it to Arkell's.